Support Worker - Echuca
Djirra supports Aboriginal women's journey to safety and wellbeing and provides legal and practical supports to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence across Victoria. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, and we are growing our services across regional Victoria.
Our Aboriginal Family Violence Legal Service has an opportunity in the Echuca & Campaspe region for a dedicated Paralegal Support Worker to provide support and information to clients who have experienced family violence. You will work closely with a Senior Lawyer assisting clients to access a variety of legal, social, psychological, cultural, health and other support services to address their needs.
- Provide support to clients, including at court, and make referrals to counselling, housing and other support services
- Assist clients to access Family Violence Flexible Support Packages
- Meet with local Aboriginal organisations and service providers across the region to establish working relationships
- Participate in our community legal education activities
- Undertake legal administration tasks, including reception duties, client intake, and assisting the Senior Lawyer with day-to-day management of client files
- Provide general office duties.
While you are not required to have a legal background, you will gain an understanding of legal processes through your work with a Senior Lawyer.
This is a designated position established as a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic). Only female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Permanent full time position
- Generous salary packaging
- Access to a monthly RDO, cultural leave, paid maternity leave, annual leave loading and Christmas leave
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit their CV and covering letter via the following URL: https://djirra.workable.com/j/43673AEAB6
Applications for this position will close upon appointment of the successful candidate.