Djirra supports Aboriginal women's journey to safety and wellbeing, and provides legal and practical supports to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence across Victoria. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, and we are growing our services across regional Victoria.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Melbourne office for a Managing Lawyer. You will effectively manage the delivery of holistic legal and non-legal services and supports throughout Western Victoria.
Djirra is committed to Child Safety and as part of Djirra's screening requirements all staff must have (or are able to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check and a National Police Check. You must also be able to demonstrate an understanding of Child Safety.
HOW TO APPLY
Please refer to our website: https://djirra.org.au/ for organisational information, position description and how to apply. Applicants are required to submit their cover letter, resume and provide responses to the questions found at the bottom of the application form.
Further enquires regarding this position can be directed to Teresa Kyprianou, HR Advisor at [email protected]
Applicants are required to have a degree in Law and hold a legal practicing certificate in Victoria. Applicants who have had at least five years of practical experience in a community legal, family violence or justice related setting along with demonstrated leadership and people management skills will be looked upon favorably
Applicants who have the ability to effectively communicate and work with local Aboriginal communities and have knowledge of social justice issues within Aboriginal communities will be highly regarded. The demonstrated capacity to communicate emphatically and effectively with Aboriginal people and/or others who have experienced trauma is a necessity.
- Recently refurbished new office
- Conveniently located near public transport and nearby some great cafes and restaurants in Northcote
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work-life balance, including access to a monthly RDO (Rostered Day Off)
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Extra annual leave given between Christmas and New Year
- Generous Salary Packaging options (Not For Profit Organisation)
- Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling for personal and work concerns.
- Permanent full time position