- Make a difference - join the friendly committed team at Djirra
- Permanent/ Full time position
- Abbotsford location
Djirra supports Aboriginal women's journey to safety and wellbeing and provides legal and practical support to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, established over 15 years ago (as the Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Service Victoria). It is also a place where culture is shared and celebrated. Djirra is looking for a Receptionist/Administrator who will provide reception and administrative support to the organisation and support daily operations.
Djirra is committed to Child Safety and as part of Djirra's screening requirements all staff must have (or are able to obtain) a Working With Children's Check and a National Police Check. You must also demonstrate an understanding of children's safety.
SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Meet and greet all visitors
- Manage all incoming telephone calls to reception
- Manage general incoming email enquiries
- Ensure all messages are recorded accurately and communicated clearly and efficiently
- Determine the visitor or caller's reason for contacting Djirra and connect them with the appropriate staff member or team across Victoria
- Manage all mail responsibilities - incoming/outgoing mail and parcels, courier services etc
- General office duties including word processing, manage room bookings, assist with set up meeting and special events, manage catering request
- Provide administrative support to the Corporate Services team when requested
- Manage all office stationery and all supplies for the office
- Maintain the 3CX office phone system and support staff in using the system
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has the ability to effectively communicate and work with local Aboriginal communities and has knowledge of social justice issues within Aboriginal communities
- Has the demonstrated capacity to communicate emphatically and effectively with Aboriginal people and/or others who have experienced trauma
- Has had previous experience in an administrative/reception/support role and reception phone systems
- Is proficient in MS Office products and other computer packages
- Is incredibly organised, warm, reliable, professional and able to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and circumstances
- Conveniently located near public transport, ample parking and nearby some great coffee shops, cafes and restaurants.
- An opportunity to participate in our community engagement activities.
- Cultural Awareness training and ongoing support provided by our dedicated Cultural Advisor.
- Access to a monthly RDO (Rostered Day Off), Christmas leave, Cultural leave, paid Parental leave and annual leave loading.
- Generous salary packaging options available.
To find out more about the position (full job description available) and how to apply, refer to our Get Involved page on our website www.djirra.org.au Only applications received via the website will be considered. Applications must include your resume and covering letter and all applicants must answer the questions at the bottom of the application form.
Applications for this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is sourced, therefore we strongly encourage your application as soon as possible. We also strongly encourage Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
If you would like to know more about the role or about the work we do, please call Teresa Kyprianou, Human Resources Advisor on 9244 3333.