Djirra supports Aboriginal women's journey to safety and wellbeing, and provides legal and practical supports to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence across Victoria. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, and we are growing our services across regional Victoria.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Melbourne office for a Lawyer to provide and oversee high quality legal advice and representation, and non-legal support. Lawyers work closely with Paralegal Support Workers to address the multitude of interrelated legal and non-legal issues faced by our clients, assisting them to access a variety of legal, social, psychological, cultural, health, financial and other support services.
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to submit their cover letter, resume and responses to the selection criteria. Please refer to https://djirra.org.au/ for organisational information and position description. Further enquires regarding this position can be directed to Teresa Kyprianou, HR Advisor at [email protected]
This is a designated position established as a special measure under sections 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only female candidates are eligible to apply for this position. Preference will be given to women of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
Applicants are required to have a degree in Law and hold a legal practicing certificate in Victoria. Applicants who have had at least one year of practical experience in a community legal, family violence or justice related setting will be looked upon favorably.
- Brand new offices
- Supportive and inclusive work environment
- Flexible work-life balance, including access to a monthly RDO (Rostered Day Off)
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Extra annual leave given between Christmas and New Year
- Generous Salary Packaging options (Not For Profit Organisation)
- Access to a range of wellness and wellbeing activities throughout the year run by our Wellbeing Committee
- Employee Assistance Program with supportive, confidential counselling for personal and work concerns.
- Permanent full time position